Notes and Reminders are two of the most popular productivity apps on Apple devices. Notes are great for jotting down ideas, thoughts, and to-do lists, while Reminders are perfect for setting reminders for yourself. But did you know that you can easily turn your Notes into Reminders? In this quick guide, I’ll show you how to turn Notes into Reminders on the iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Convert notes into reminders on iPhone and iPad
Turning your notes into reminders on your iPhone or iPad is easy. You can choose to change the whole note into a reminder or just a specific part of it. Here’s how to do it.
Change an entire note into a reminder on your iPhone and iPad
Follow the instructions below to quickly convert a note into a reminder.
- Launch the Notes app.
- Press and hold the note → Tap Share Note.
Alternatively, you can also open the note → Choose the Share icon.
- Choose Send Copy from the dropdown next to the Notes icon → Select Reminders.
- Change the note’s name and details.
- Optionally, you can also set the Priority by tapping the dropdown next to Details. Finally, tap Add.
Change some parts of a note into reminders on your iPhone and iPad
If you are just looking to make certain parts of your notes as reminders, here’s how to do so.
- Open the Notes app → Select the text in the note.
- Press Share in the quick menu (not the share icon) → Choose Reminders.
- Edit the name and details of the reminder.
- Set the Priority by tapping the dropdown near Details. Confirm by tapping Add.
How to convert notes into reminders on Mac
Converting your Mac notes into reminders is a simple process. You have the option to transform either the entire note or select specific portions into reminders. Follow the methods outlined below to achieve it.
Change an entire note into a reminder on your Mac
Converting an entire note into a reminder is a simple process. Follow the instructions below.
- Launch Spotlight (cmd (⌘) + Space bar) → Go to the Notes app.
- Open a note → Click the Share icon.
You can also right-click on the note → Pick Share Note.
- Click the dropdown under the Notes app icon → Pick Send Copy. Choose Reminders from the options.
- Edit the Title and description → Click Add.
Change some parts of a note into reminders on your Mac
Are you looking to use your Mac to convert some parts of your notes as reminders? Here’s how you can do so.
- Open Spotlight (cmd (⌘) + Space bar) → Find and open the Notes app.
- Select the text you want to make a reminder from.
- Right-click the text → Choose Share from the menu that appears.
Alternatively, you can hold the Control key while clicking.
- Select Reminders.
- Click Add.
How to convert notes to reminders using Siri
Besides manually turning your notes into reminders, you can get a hand from Siri. Just give Siri a shout-out like, “Hey Siri, remind me about that To-Do note.” Moreover, you can also type your request if you have the type to Siri feature enabled. Siri will give you a nod and let you tweak things if necessary.
Turned a note into a reminder!
If you’re someone who likes jotting down ideas and needs to remember important stuff, this handy hack could come in really handy. I hope the above methods will have helped you to convert your notes into reminders.
Yes, you can set a specific time for the reminder when converting a Note. Once you convert a note into a reminder, you can specify the date and time for the reminder in the Reminders app.
When you turn a Note into a Reminder, the original Note remains unchanged. It is not deleted or modified. A separate reminder is created based on the Note’s content, and you can access both the Note and the Reminder independently.
To view all your Notes that have been turned into Reminders, you can open the Reminders app on your iOS device or Mac.
Yes, you can set recurring reminders for Notes on your device.